Welcome to CAPPS Training!
Welcome to the Centralized Accounting and Payroll/Personnel System (CAPPS) Training website.
This site provides tools and resources to assist both new and experienced agency users with baseline training and information on all CAPPS modules.
New 250 – CAPPS Query
CAPPS Query is a reporting tool accessible from within CAPPS HCM and CAPPS FIN that allows you to retrieve specific information out of CAPPS database tables through use of a graphical interface. This course provides instruction in the following areas:
- How to use Query Viewer to run existing queries
- How to create a simple query using Query Manager
- How to create more complex queries that include joined tables, criteria, and prompts
New 215 – CAPPS Commitment Control (KK)
Commitment Control is an integrated module that performs budgetary control and/or tracking of financial transactions against pre-defined budgets. This course provides instruction in the following areas:
- How to view, manage and update budgets
- How to perform the budget checking process for requisitions and purchase orders
New CAPPS IAM/TDIS Introductory Training
The new CAPPS identity and access management (IAM) platform, Texas.gov Digital Identity Solution (TDIS), deploys for CAPPS Production Monday, June 7, 2021. This self-paced learning course provides an overview of the platform along with step-by-step instructions for completing the initial enrollment process and using the self-service features in the TDIS Employee Dashboard.